What you'll need
- 600 g icing sugar, sifted
- 100 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 250 g cream cheese, cold
Step 1Beat the icing sugar and butter together in an electric mixer on a medium speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Add a tablespoon of citrus zest to the butter and icing sugar in step one to make a zingy icing.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the butter and icing sugar in step one.
- Sprinkle crushed nuts over the finished cake to add contrast to the icing.
- For extra zing, try beating in a tablespoon of your choice of citrus juice into the icing.